First, you need to choose enough words - about 20 is good - and write the clues for your crossword. You can do this in the classroom before you come to the computer room. Use the definitions that your class has made for the Computer terms dictionary, if you want, or choose a different topic: Lines Queenswood words? Any topic is ok.
Once you have a list of words and definitions:
- Go to www.puzzlemaker.com
- Click on the drop down menu that says 'choose other puzzles' and select 'criss cross'.
- Enter a title for your puzzle, and the size you would like (the standard sizes are fine)
- Type each word, followed by a space and then the definition. Type the next clue on the next line.
- When you are finished, click 'create my puzzle' and see the results! if you don't like the way it looks the first time, try clicking 'back' on your browser, and 'create my puzzle' again. It will probably be different each time!
- To save your puzzle, you will need to select it all in the browser, and then copy and paste it to MS Word. Then save it in your folder like a normal Word document! Don't forget you can use 'Ctrl-C' and 'Ctrl-V' to copy and paste!